- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
1 cup (250 mL) panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of salt and pepper
4 (1-1/2 lb/750 g total) catfish fillets ortilapia fillets
1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
2 tbsp (25 mL) dill pickle relish
1 tsp (5 mL) drained capers
1. Spread oil on rimmed baking sheet; heat in 450°F (230°C) oven for 5 minutes.
2. In shallow dish, whisk together egg, 1 tbsp water and mustard.
3. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
4. Dip fish into egg mixture then into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat. Place on hot baking sheet; bake, turning once, until golden and fish flakes easily when tested, about 20 minutes.
5. Tartar Sauce: Meanwhile, in bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, capers and pepper. Serve with fish.