2 – 2 1/2 lb. of any lg. flake fish
3-4 slices bacon
6 med. onions, chopped
1 sm. stalk celery, chopped
1/2 garlic section, chopped very fine
6 med. potatoes, cubed
1 c. milk (room temperature)
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of potato soup (for thickening)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Thyme to taste
1. Cut onions, celery as well as leaves and garlic and cook in 3 cups of water until soft.
2. Cut bacon in one inch pieces and fry until brown, add to onion and celery and garlic mixture.Add can of tomato soup and can of plum tomatoes.
3. Boil fish in 3 cups of water until cooked. Take out fish, set aside. Strain fish stock and add to previous mixture.Cook all together for about 30 minutes.
4. Cut potatoes in cubes; add to everything else and cook until potatoes are almost done. Add milk, potato soup. Let cook 20 minutes.
5. Finally add fish which has been picked over for bones. Break fish into Chunks. When soup is completely done, add 1 teaspoon sugar.