- 4 leeks , trimmed and finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 100g full-fat crème fraîche or cream cheese
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the leeks into a large saucepan with 3 tbsp water and a couple of knobs of butter. Cover, then cook for 10 mins until tender. Remove from the pan, allow to cool, then mix with the crème fraîche and some seasoning.
- To assemble the parcels, brush a sheet of pastry with melted butter, then lay 2 more sheets on top, brushing butter between each layer. Place a salmon fillet in the centre, season, then spoon over half the leek mix. Fold the ends over the top, pull up the sides and scrunch together to enclose. Repeat.
- Brush both the parcels with melted butter. Put onto a lightly greased baking sheet, then cook for 20-25 mins until browned and crisp. Delicious served with a green salad.